Awhi Mai Awhi Atu - Rangatahi at Risk
Awhi Mai Awhi Atu is a clinical service offered to rangatahi at risk of developing a psychotic disorder.
Rangatahi at risk may have:
- a parent or brother/sister who has a psychotic disorder and find it difficult to cope with life
- experienced changes in the way they see or hear things (e.g. hear mumbling voices) or have odd thoughts (e.g. think they are being spied on or that they are receiving messages)
- experienced brief encounters of psychotic symptoms.
Our team offers support including:
- conducting clinical assessments
- providing information
- advocacy support
- teaching coping skills and life skills
Accessibility to this service is FREE and referral may be via any source including self-referral.