Arahi Whaanau - Whaanau Advocates
This is a non-clinical service available to whaanau seeking support for their whaanau member experiencing mental illness. We provide separate services for rangatahi aged under 18 years and adults over 18 years.
- advocacy support
- transport assistance
- regular face-to-face contact
Arahi Whaanau works with the following agencies:
- Accommodation providers like Housing New Zealand (Kāinga Ora)
- Work and Income New Zealand
- Community social worker providers
- NZ Police
- Department of Corrections
- Oranga Tamariki
- Voluntary groups
- Community Probation Service
- Be of any ethnic background
- Have a whaanau member or relative who is currently receiving clinical treatment from a South Auckland mental health or alcohol and other drug service and meet the age criteria for Rangatahi (under 18 years) or Adults (18 years and over).
- Any Community Alcohol and Drug Service
- Any Community Mental Health Service
- Health Worker
- Community Support Worker
For more information, please contact the team co-ordinator on (09) 263 8040.