Rangatahi Alcohol & Other Drug Services
Te Oho Ake is a child, adolescent and youth alcohol and drug community service that aims to provide alcohol and drug education within a Tiikanga youth leadership programme. This programme will empower rangatahi (youth):
- to build identity and confidence
- understand whanau principles and values
- grow knowledge to increase positive development for safe and health lifestyle choices and behaviours
Te Oho Ake is a team of dedicated, motivated, understanding team who work with our rangatahi who want to change their situation in life, school, home, culture and their future. This includes rangatahi dealing with AOD issues, alcohol and drug education, Court matters from misuse of alcohol and drug use, one to one mentoring, counselling, weekly community programmes, home visits, and practical and realistic advice. Each member of our team come with their personal life experiences and we believe this gives us the unique factor other services don't have.
If you or anyone you know is truant from school and have alcohol or drug issues we want to help you.
Who do we work with?
- Youth aged 13-18 who are using drugs and alcohol
- Residents of Counties-Manukau
- Youth at risk who have been expelled, truant from school or unemployed
- Suffering from the effects of alcohol and drugs
What do we provide?
- Home visits with you and your whanau
- Weekly support - mentoring and counselling
- Safe and positive environment
- Kaumatua support
How do we do it?
Recognise addiction and abuse:
- Education about addiction
- Harm reduction
- Triggers of abuse
- We take a Maori kaupapa approach using the whakapapa identity
- The impact addication has on you, your whanau and your community
- Learn your pepeha (identity)
How to refer:
There is no cost to access our service. We accept referrals from:
- Government agencies
Phone Te Oho Ake Services on (09) 263 8040 or email firstname.lastname@example.org