Posted On: Wednesday, 30 January 2019
Raukura Hauora O Tainui is an iwi Charitable Trust founded in 1994 on the aspirations of King Tawhiao, the dream of Princess Te Puea Herangi and legacy of the late Dame Te Arikinui Te Atairangikaahu to reclaim the health and wellbeing of the Tainui people. Today, Raukura Hauora O Tainui continues to pursue this goal by delivering health services to Tamaki and Waikato regions. Across both regions the organization employs 150 staff, delivering primary care, mental health, alcohol and other drug services, public health services, dental services and whanau ora services.
We seek an RN to provide medical focus leadership and education to the staff and residents of our 18 bed alcohol other drug residential service.
This role would ideally suit someone with experience in community or practice nursing or a similar environment.
- Perform Nursing duties as defined by professional scope of practice working within a culturally appropriate model of care
- Provide support and leadership with medication management, monitoring, training and guidance
- Providing medical and health-based support to clients to enhance their therapeutic journey
- Where applicable provide support to clients in relation to accessing other health providers
- Deliver health-based information to clients, both individually and in a group setting
- Work in collaboration with other staff to deliver a holistic service
- Must be registered to practice in New Zealand with a valid NZ annual practising certificate with ideally a minimum of two years' experience
- Experienced working with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Preferred clinical experience working with clients from AOD
- Excellent communication skills
- Preferred experience in group facilitation
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Able to work from a bicultural perspective
To be appointed in this role, applicants must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit and give permission for the completion of a satisfactory Police check.
To apply for this role, please email a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close 1 March 2019.