This is a non-clinical service available to Whanau seeking support for their Whanau member experiencing mental illness. We provide separate services for Rangatahi and Adults who meet the following age criteria:
- Rangatahi - aged 0-18 years
- Adults - aged 18 years and over
This service provides Advocacy Support, Transport Assistance and regular face-to-face contact.
Advocacy Support includes working with the following agencies:
- Accommodation providers including Housing New Zealand
- Work and Income New Zealand
- Community Social Worker providers
- The Police and Justice System
- Child Youth and Family services
- Voluntary groups
Key criteria for eligibility to access this service include:
- Be of any ethnic background
- Has a Whanau member or relative who is currently receiving clinical treatment from a South Auckland Mental Health or Alcohol and Other Drug Service and meet the age criteria for Rangatahi or Adult.
Referral to this service maybe via the following means:
- Any Community Alcohol and Drug Service
- Any Community Mental Health Service
- Self Referral
- Health Worker
- Community Support Worker
Charges / Cost
The cost of accessing this service is FREE and completely confidential.
For more information please contact the Team Co-ordinator.
Phone (09) 263 8040