Aims to provide alcohol and drug education within a tikanga youth leadership programme. This programme will empower Rangatahi (Youth):
- to build identity and confidence
- understand whanau principles and values
- grow knowledge to increase positive development for safe and health lifestyle choices and behaviours
We are a team of dedicated, motivated and experienced youth AOD workers ready to help our Rangatahi. Each member of our team come with their personal life experiences and we believe this gives us the unique factor other services don't have.
If you or anyone you know is truant from school and have alcohol or drug issues we want to help you.
- Are you 20 years old or under?
- Expelled from school?
- Drinking and experimenting with drugs?
- Involved in crime, tagging, gangs and in trouble with the law?
- Do you want to learn your whakapapa?
What we do?
- One-on-One mentoring
- Weekly community programmes
- Alcohol and Drug Education
- Tikanga based programmes
What we provide?
- Home visits with you and your whanau
- Weekly support - mentoring and counselling
- Safe and positive environment
- Kaumatua support
How we do it?
Recognise Addiction and Abuse:
- Education about addiction
- Harm reduction
- Triggers of abuse
- We take a Maori kaupapa approach using the whakapapa identity
- The impact addication has on you, your whanau and your community
- Learn your pepeha (identity)
How to Refer?
There is no cost to access our service. We accept referrals from;
- Government Agencies
- Self Referrals
Phone (09) 263-8040