Rangatahi - Whanau Advocacy
Arahi Whanau - Whanau Advocacy & Peer Support Child & Youth is a non-clinical service available to Whanau seeking support for their Tamariki or Rangatahi (aged 0 - 18 years) experiencing mental illness.
This service provides Advocacy Support, Transport Assistance and regular face-to-face contact.
Advocacy Support includes working with the following agencies:
- Accommodation providers including Housing New Zealand
- Work and Income New Zealand
- Community Social Worker providers
- The Police and Justice System
- Child Youth & Family services
- Voluntary groups
Key criteria for eligibility to access this service include:
- Be of any ethnic background
- Has a Whanau member or relative (aged 0 - 18 years who is currently receiving clinical treatment from a South Auckland Mental Health or Alcohol and Other Drug Service
Referral to this service maybe via the following means:
- Any Community Alcohol and Drug Service
- Any Community Mental Health Service
- Self Referral
- Health Worker
- Community Support Worker
The cost of accessing this service is FREE and completely confidential.
Click here to see contact details for our services.